We've done it y'all!!! (no, the book's not finished, it's close tho-)
We have officially reached 200 pages!!!!!! (201 if u wanna be precise-)
And I think I figured out why this one has vastly more words than the first one, yet a lot less pages. I used smaller paragraphs and stuff in the first one, making chapters longer but not that many words. The first book was so close to 50,000 words, it's 49 thousand and something.
But for book 2 I've been making the paragraphs a lot longer, hence more words and less pages. Book 2 is currently at 71,381 words.
I think that's the reason there's a large difference between those two factors, but I might just be thinking weird. I don't know. But I'm going to space out some of the larger paragraphs and see if that gives me more pages. I want 230 pages, but I'll be grateful for 220 or 215.
Anyways, I got sick this week though I'm pretty sure it was just allergies, so I didn't write much this week. But I did finish one of Asher's chapters. Right now, his chapters are just fillers cause I don't want to skip him so yeah. . . but I'm definitely going to need to edit the last chapter for him cause he wasn't worried at all when Alex was missing and that's not his character, he's very protective of people and I need to edit that part.
I have ideas for book three but I'm not letting myself write anything down cause I need to finish book 2 first. Even if I am confusing myself and thinking of edits while Alex is finding this journal and stuff on Earth.
Yes, we have re-entered Earth! We'll be spending the next few chapters there cause the ending is on Earth *realization dawns* oh dang I can't hold Dillard off forever-
Hahaha enough spoilers, anyways......name change! I've gone through a lot of name changes for this book, here are the main ones.
The Castaway (the longest-lasting one, out of questions its not the name anymore)
The Missing Files
The Lost Key
The Lost Files
Please please please please please, I'm begging you, comment below what name you like best I don't know anymore I just want to pick a name it's driving me crazy changing this. If it's the Lost Key I'll have to drag the book on a little bit just for Nova's reaction so the title has a purpose-
Alright that's all, bye, HAPPY EASTER!!!, be safe and have a great day/night!
-C. H
Comments
Post a Comment