Thursday, November 30th, 2023

 Hello peeps :) 

Here for another progress update for Runaways #2!  So, there's a few things I have to share that I've had done or an idea of since before I've done these progress posts.  Nothing is completely final, but I feel like it's time I put it here.  

But first off:  I've reached 100 pages!  I'd say I'm around 36% or so through Runaways #2, which is good.  I think.  

And I think I have a name for Runaways #2.  I haven't wanted to say anything because I don't know for certain if this is the right name, but here it is.  I originally used it for Runaways (1), but it didn't seem like the right name at the time.  But I think this one might fit book 2:  

The Castaway.  

I have a character that I want to focus on mainly and she's kind of a castaway, so...and I really wanted to title it that, but at the same time I'm not really focusing on her as much as I probably should, so I don't know.  But now I have an idea for books 3 & 4:  The Scientist, and The Alias.  But I don't want it to be like naming each book for a specific person so I might not do that.  

The part I'm writing now, Alex just discovered a new talent/power and is having trouble adjusting so the Defenders took her to their hideout.  

You know, the Defenders are in here a lot.  But I had to rewrite the outline because the Vile attacked three times.  But like, almost all Alex's chapters are with the Defenders I feel like.  Ugh.  I need to get a rolling pin and like, flatten and smooth and even this out.  But I can't because rolling pins and writing don't really...they're two different things.....

I keep needing to write the part to introduce the twist villain without actually revealing their identity, but things just keep popping up.  I need to find a way to do it before the fancy party with the Rulers and before Alex goes with Season.... 

And AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 

Ok.  Still stressed but that felt good.  I had to do it in my mind cause I'm in class but still.  It felt good none the less.  

I've also like kind of abandoned my outline like I did last time so yay!!!  I'm on the right track!  Hopefully.  Probably.  Maybe.  I don't know anymore.  

Is it bad I have a list of people waiting to kill but I can't do that until book 4 at least so I have to wait while constantly imagining their deaths???  


I think that's all for now.  Until next update, be safe and have a great day/night!  



-C. H 

Comments