Thursday, October 5th, 2023

 Hey peeps! :) 

  So, I haven't written much this week, I've been really busy, but here I am!  

Where I'm at right now is a pretty good spot, I would say.  I started writing Runaways #2 slowly during the summer so that I could have a head start, but at the same time take a break.  Right now, I'm at around fifteen chapters and I'm almost finished with the outline (I think) which is longer than the one I had for Runaways.  

 I'm not completely sure how to feel about the outline, because I strayed from it a lot when I did Runaways and now, I'm following it closely, so I'm just a little nervous about that.  I didn't start the outline until probably almost ten chapters in, and even then, I had trouble coming up with it.  Now I feel like, with how it's laid out, that it might be longer, might be shorter, but I feel like what I have right now is going to be too much in one book.  

The reason for that is because, like, people get kidnapped, someone has to go save them, someone else gets kidnapped, and someone else has to go save them.  That's as far as I've gotten in the outline and I think that I need to end it, but I can't figure out how to end it, and I don't want to overwhelm my readers.  Then again, I'm going to introduce a very important villain and I need her to be in this book but again, I don't want to overwhelm the reader and I don't want it to be incredibly similar to the first book, so. . . I've hit a massive, indestructible stone wall.  So yay.  

Anyways, the title I have right now is for a character, but I don't really have her in it enough for that, so I might have to find a new title for this book.  Again.  I really wanted it to be The Castaway (for Celeste) because Runaways was originally called Castaways, but that didn't fit.  And I don't think it fits for book 2 either.  

And I know it's kind of late in the process, but I just now started looking into the Alien's Worlds, with what each planet is like, the weather, the type, who lives there, etc.  And I haven't even begun to do the technology and stuff.  I really should have done that with book 1. . . 

But I was talking with my mom yesterday and she gave me an inspiration for the second book.  I'm going to do something that will tie the prologues together (the prologue I have is related to the prologue in bk 1).  

Well, that's kind of all for now.  I hope I didn't chase you guys away with my rantings. . . until next time, be safe and have a great day/night!  


-C. H 

Comments